Mirrorbox is growing our team with the
addition of an Audience Services Manager.
Please submit by December 1, 2022 for consideration.
Audience Services Manager
They know our company.
They know our fans.
They know our building.
They know our community.
- The Audience Services Manager will be the main point of contact for events. Position is full time, exempt, salaried, requires nights and weekends. Reports to the Producing Artistic Director.
- Focused on BUILDING FANS
- In-person events (30%)
- Patron Outreach (35%)
- Administration (35%)
- Works Front of House for most events
- Detail-oriented and confident
- Able to serve as the sole point of contact during a performance or rental event. Knows the venue in and out and trusts themselves in unpredictable situations.
- Administrative pro with a creative side who works in the following areas:
- Business email
- Email marketing
- Website updates
- Managing and updating company calendar
- Rental requests
- Patron data, segments, etc.
- People Skills – A Great Communicator
- Ability to work bar and box office, in collaboration with and supervising volunteers
- Communicates with ease and clarity across multiple platforms with patrons, staff, contractors, volunteers, community members, vendors, renters
- Represents company at community events
- Committed to creating an environment that is diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 2 hours or more
- Must be able to learn and accurately operate technical equipment: audio/visual equipment; cash register, point-of-sale devices.
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 50 pounds across the venue for various needs.
- Other duties as assigned
Starting salary $33,000/year. Paid Federal Holidays (except New Year’s Day), two weeks of flexible PTO, and healthcare contribution included.
Please submit cover letter and resume by December 1st 2022 to Producing Artistic Director Cavan Hallman at email@example.com.
STILL SEEKING ENSEMBLE MEMBERS
BATMAN RETURNS RETURNS
Originally Conceived and Created by
The Museum of Human Achievement + Terror Pigeon + Megan Tabaque
The 90's are cool again. Gotham's biggest titan of industry is impossibly corrupt (and possibly an ogre). His assistant wants to turn him into a scratching post. And a strange bird-man is trying to move from underground to the Mayor's mansion. A certain Caped Crusader will he have to use every gadget in his tool belt, plus belt out a song or two, to save his fair city.
The holiday spectacle BATMAN RETURNS RETURNS makes its Iowa premiere in a limited run this December. Will there be celebrity guest appearances? Maybe. Will there be shameless song parodies? Yes. Will there be mayhem. Absolutely!
"My family and I love to watch non-Christmas-Christmas-movies, because the holidays aren't just for love and togetherness - there's also plenty of room for anarchy." - Producing Artistic Director Cavan Hallman
"So you know, it's festive." - Oregon Public Broadcasting
Rehearsals: December 8 - 13
Shows: December 14 - 18, 5 Performances, Wed. - Sat. evenings @ 7:30 pm, Sunday matinee @ 2:30 pm. Based on demand, performances may be added on 12/17 @ 2:30 pm, and 12/18 @ 7:30 pm
Rotating Ensemble to play:
Penguin 2/Cat 2 / Goon 2
Penguin 3/ Cat 3/ Goon 3
Rehearsals are generally between 6-10PM on weeknights, with longer rehearsals on the weekends. For this project some individual rehearsals may take place during the day pending cast members’ availability. All rehearsals and performances will take place at Mirrorbox Theatre (1200 Ellis Blvd. NW, Cedar Rapids). All team members will receive honoraria.
To submit for Batman Returns Returns, send a YouTube or Vimeo link of you singing one verse and chorus of an a cappella pop/rock song.
Submissions and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mirrorbox Theatre reserves the right to complete casting through any means necessary, including but not limited to, making direct offers to performers and holding additional auditions.